What do I need to become an advanced driver?
To have an open mind and be willing to learn.
What does the training involve?
Advanced driver training normally consists of lessons lasting between 1 – 2 hours arranged to suite both the student and the tutor.
The length of the training is flexible and is agreed between the student and the tutor as the training progresses.
Students are required :
- To supply and drive their own or other suitable vehicle.
- The vehicle must comply with all Cyprus road traffic laws with regard to construction, lights, tyres, roadworthiness certificate (Vehicle Test) and circulation licence (Road Tax).
- To hold a FULL valid driving licence for that class of vehicle.
- To have insurance covering the student to drive that vehicle. The student must produce the above documents for inspection on request. If not produced the training cannot proceed.
- The student is responsible for all running costs, fuel etc. ese with your tutor.
The first meeting:
Having made contact with us an appointment will be made for you to have a driving assessment. This will be carried out by an Examiner or a Tutor. It’s informal and gives you a chance to meet us and discuss your goals in receiving training.
One of the aims of the course is to prepare the student to pass the RoSPA Advanced Driving Test, although this is not essential.
If you decide to go ahead, the RoADAR Cyprus membership fee will be payable at the first training session.
Current costs, membership and test fees can be found here.
All the training is based on “Roadcraft” the British Police Drivers handbook.
Test guidlines can be found here.